Monday, April 2, 2012

Unplugged Weekend

Every now and then I find I need to get away from the hustle and bustle of the internet world. This weekend was one of those times. I checked in on my e-mail and the news of the day, but it wasn't the first thing I did (like usual), nor did I stay on very long.

I planed on working on my WIP, but instead I was drawn to my bookshelves. There are several books in my TBR pile, but the ones calling out to me were some that I hadn't read in a long time. So, between Friday night and Sunday night, I re-read 10 romance novels. (I did skim parts, as they were re-reads, but didn't skim that much. And yeah, when the reading bug bites me, I devour books as though I can never get enough of them!)

What books do you find yourself drawn to re-read? Or, do you not go back and revisit old stories/characters as there are so many news ones waiting for you?

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever re-read a book. The few times that I tried to re-read something, I find that it's boring. I think that it's because I have a pretty good long term memory (my short term memory sucks) so I remember what's going to happen. There's no suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff so many times that my daughter jokes that I should have it memorized by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find as I get older, my memory is getting rusty so it's a pleasure to reread :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did this! Off my dusty shelf, I pulled The Cave by Robert Penn Warren. I remembered loving this book about ten years ago. I'm having problems getting into it and I'm thinking that the high speed internet has affected my brain. It can happen, I hear. Rats!

    Thanks for stopping in at the Write Game. I love new people stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do this sometimes too. BUT 10 books, Mare? I'm going to need the name of your eye doctor. You're seriously going to go blind. It takes me like two weeks to read a book. I'm one of those special people aren't I? Just tell me! Gah! Slumps shoulders, grabs the crayons, draws a tree. It doesn't even look like a tree, Mare. I'm sad now and I'm taking a speed reading class. I'm going to do it. As soon as I can draw a tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.