Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Photo taken in Maine by my son when he was 6

When I get stuck with my writing, it's usually because I've made a character do something they wouldn't do. But that wasn't the case this week. This week, I've been stuck because I know how my plot point wraps up, but not how my story ends. See, I need the end to set up book two, but I wasn't sure how to set it up.




Enter my amazing CP and friend, Trisha Leaver (if you don't follow her blog, you really should. Go on, head over and add her to your list, then pop back in here.) I sent her a message with my concerns, and she asked questions that got me thinking. And after a few minutes of back and forth, I'd found the path I needed, and the words started flowing again.

Trisha, I can't thank you enough for always knowing how to help me get back on track.


How about you? Do you have a go to person when you need to toss ideas? Or do you have a different method? I'd love to hear about either- share in the comments below.



2 comments:

  1. I bounce ideas off my husband when I get stuck. He's a great "go to" person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. I do that too. And with his best friend (who fortunately is our neighbor!)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.