Thursday, June 23, 2011

Changes

Life has been crazy busy these last few weeks, with school winding down for my son and things picking up at work.  We've been busy around the house celebrating Father's Day and birthdays and getting together with family and friends.

Needless to say, I am behind in where I want to be with my WIP.  My CP's took a look at my new chapters this week and pointed out what I already knew-- while there is a lot of action, there is little dialogue in the first chapter (2 lines to be exact), which makes it harder to read.  I also added some scenes for the sake of having them, not because the did anything to move the story along.  So, it is back to the drawing board for my beginning again (I actually have a plan in mind-- Thanks Trisha for being my sounding board for it!)

So, with that in mind, I will be taking the next week or so off from blogging to write and spend time with my family.  Have a great couple weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Critique buddies are the best. They see the things we are blind to.

    This time of year is so busy. School just finished yesterday, so I'm looking forward to some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time off is a good thing!!! Good luck Mary and enjoy your time away from the laptop:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that Trisha has been there to help you out and that is wonderful that you have found what it is that you need to do to get focus back into your WIP. I have to regroup myself a lot because I have focus issues. I would say I am ADD because I jump around all the time on things. I am everywhere. So I know what you mean. Come back when you think it is right. See you when you do! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.