Monday, July 25, 2011

Goals

I've been neglecting my blog lately because life has become quite busy, and as much as I like sharing things with all of you, I've been taking that time to spend with family and friends or write.

With that in mind, I've decided to set some goals for myself, and I thought I would share them with you so you can help keep me on track!  So, here they are:

1) Finish current WIP by the end of August.  I am in the revision stage, so this shouldn't be too difficult, or at least I hope not!

2) Reach 50 followers on my blog and on Twitter.  My question to those of you with many followers is this: How'd you do it???  I would love some advice on how to get to more people as followers.

Hope you all had a great weekend.  I'll be posting some recipes later this week (have a few I wanted to share).  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about followers as a goal, because really all you can do is write your best blog possible. Whether people come or not is there decision.

    Kind of like being popular or not in school. You are awesome either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think spending time with your family is great. Glad to see that you gave yourself a writing goal too. I need to work on that. I guess that since I have done some blog interviews on others blogs that has helped get me out there to find more followers. I also did the Crusaders Challenge with Rach and that brought on some new guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire- you are absolutely right that it is up to others whether they follow or not. I guess what I am asking is why do you follow who you follow?

    Regina- I love spending time with my family, and struggle balancing them and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mary,

    It's good to set down goals where you can see them. Makes you more accountable.

    As to followers, I'll follow someone if I like their thoughts/blog, etc. It doesn't mean they'll follow me back but if they like what they see on my blog then they might. I find that most people do return follows. Other than that, I participated in a couple of hops that helped. Rachel Harrie @ http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com/ is running another platform building campaign in August. If you have time, that'll definitely help link you with other writers in your genre.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.