Monday, April 20, 2015

Mary's Musings




It was a beautiful weekend in our neck of the woods. So, did I spend it outside working on my flower beds? No. I spent it inside attacking the mess that was my bedroom.

It all started so innocently. Saturday I decided my dresser had become an eyesore and I clean it off. (You know- flat surface...everything in the world gets set on it :-) ) So, I cleaned it all off and dusted it. Then it was a trip to the store for something to hang my necklaces from as I was out of room in my jewelry box. By Saturday night, my dresser was clean, my winter clothes changed out for summer, and my bed newly made.

Seems I'd have Sunday to work on those flower beds, right? Wrong. As my husband and I lay in bed watching the NHL playoffs, I happened to look up at my curtains and see that they were covered with dust.

A full cleaning of the room had to be done.

Sunday, I pulled everything out from under the bed, vacuumed, and returned the winter clothes bins underneath the bed (I LOVE under-the-bed storage.) Then I vacuumed the curtains, and the entertainment center. I took all the ball caps outside where my hubby and I took turns cleaning the layers of dust off with the air hose. (It was more fun than it sounds.) Once everything was dusted, then I organized (leaving myself a huge project for next weekend as my office is filled so full of things you can barely walk in it!)

All in all, it was a successful weekend. And, I did manage to get some sunshine while eating on the back deck, taking a reading break, and going for a walk.

So, how did you spend your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I'll be going through similar processes next week. The front three rooms of our house are being painted. Last week we had to vacuum and dust ahead of time, move things to the back of the house, which now looks a total wreck, box up books, send drapes to the cleaners, etc. After the painters finish, we have to put everything back. Once it all comes together again, we'll be back to normal. (A prettier normal, so we have that to look forward to.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! That sounds like a lot of work, but for a good purpose :-) Unfortunately my room was dirty because I fell behind in maintaining it.

      Hope the painting and redecorating goes well!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.