Thursday, April 23, 2015

#TBR Thursday-THE DEVIL TAKE YOU



This week I'm feeling a little nostalgic-probably because I just celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary. Anyway, because I'm enjoying remembering my past, I'm choosing my favorite Historical Romance for this week's #TBR. 


When I first read this book, I quickly fell in love with the hero and heroine. Man with tortured past trying to claim his birthright saves girl from a horrible fate, tying her to him without realizing that she could be the key to all that he wants.

Set in Scotland during the transition from King Edward I to King Edward II, this book takes you from the highlands and into England.

So, what book is it?







Need more information? Here's the book blurb:


Gard Marschand will stop at nothing in his pursuit to regain what is lost. Concealing his true identity, he will associate with his enemies, kill his own countrymen, even sell his soul to the devil if all else fails. He will lie, cheat, steal, rape and siege his way across two countries gaining power and reputation in his malevolent wake. His determination all consuming, until King Edward commands Gard to lay siege on Ross-shire holding, where Braelynn Galbraith obliterates his single-minded purpose.

Braelynn Galbraith wants peace for her beloved Scotland, marriage to her childhood sweetheart, Callum, and a house full of children. In that order. But evil incarnate in the form of Gard Marschand, turns her life inside out and destroys all hope of a decent marriage.

Can Gard abandon his deep-seated need of revenge for a love that might just save his soul, or will he succumb to the demons that hound him and surrender to the devil within?

I believe your stay in purgatory has only just begun...



If you're looking for a dark read, I highly recommend this one! 






Have a book you've read you want to recommend? Share in the comments below.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Mary! What is is about bad boys and tortured souls? :D
    Happy belated Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks HK! We had a great time in the Finger Lakes, restocking our wine cabinet.

      And there certainly is something about bad boys and tortured souls :-)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.