Thursday, April 16, 2015

#TBR Thursday-CARTER REED



Here it is. My first TBR recommendation. And boy was this hard! With all the books one my shelves (both physical and electronic) choosing what to feature first was quite a difficult task. But one book kept popping up in my mind over and over. WARNING: This book is for 18+ only.  

So, what book is it?





If you like dark, gritty stories where a girl on the run for her life turns to a guy who may be more dangerous than the one chasing her, then this is a book for you.

I don't remember how I stumbled upon this book, but when I went to Amazon and clicked on the "Look Inside" feature, I knew I had to read more. I was caught from the first sentence:

"Douchebag's here."

What an opening line! Add in a murder, the mob, and and a smexy hero. This book kept me turning pages to see how things would work out between our hero and heroine.

Need more information? Here's the book blurb:


Emma decided to skip the gym and went home early. It was the last easy decision she made because she found her roommate being raped by the boyfriend. She had two choices. Call the cops and be killed by his family’s mafia connections or kill him first and hope to survive. There was no choice to her. She killed the bastard first and went to the one person who could protect her. Carter Reed. He’s a weapon for the rivaling mafia family, but he’s also Emma’s secret. Not only was he best friends with her brother, but she’s the reason he became that weapon in the first place. 



If you're looking for a dark read, I highly recommend this one! 






Have a book you've read you want to recommend? Share in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.