Friday, January 21, 2011

Recipe Friday!

This week at work we had a visit from  Daisy selling Girl Scout Cookies (Insert shameless plug here :) ) I bought 4 boxes (1 of the new fruit ones, 1 of the peanut butter chocolate ones, and 2 thin mints--notice I have no idea what the names really are!)

So, what does buying cookies have to do with recipes?  Well, we were talking about what we do with thin mints. You know- eat them straight out of the box, or put them in the freezer and pull them out on those hot summer days.

Then, and idea came to mind.  We have ice cream novelties called Flying Saucers (you may have them too, but might call them something else!).  They are cookies (usually chocolate, or chocolate chip) with ice cream between them.  Why not take thin mints and sandwich ice cream between them for Mini-Flying Saucers?

So, here is my suggestion for Mini-Flying Saucers.

Ingredients:
Thin mints (or Grasshoppers, or other chocolate mint cookie- or any cookie, really!)
Ice cream (I was thinking vanilla, or chocolate, or even mint chip (if you want super minty!))
Small scoop (melon baller) or spoon

Scoop ice cream onto a cookie.  Place another cookie on top an squish together.  Keep frozen until ready to eat.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm, thin mints. This sounds yummy. I love those samosa's too - I just can't stop eating them if they're around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds amazing. Thin mints are my favorite. I usually keep them in the freezer. How cool that you had the same quote on your blog this week. Guess great minds think alike. Winks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove thin mints. This recipe sounds extremely dangerous to my waist ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to make these...YUM! I've made such sandwiches with chocolate chip cookies, but this sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.