Monday, August 3, 2009

Busy Week

Wow- last week was a very busy week. With training for the first half and planning a surprise birthday party for the last half it was crazy.

Thanks to all of you who helped make (and keep) the surprise a surprise. My husband had a blast and it was great to see all of you.

This week should be a lot less hectic -unless I decide to totally revamp another room in the house like I did this past Saturday. See, it all started with realizing I needed to clean my kitchen for the surprise party (I had also found some tiny ants in the garbage can and didn't want them in the rest of the kitchen). So, I emptied out most of the furnishings from the kitchen -completely blocking the hallway and my son's bedroom (which I should have realized would be an issue). Then I mopped ( and scrubbed) and decided that the microwave really should be by the stove, not on the other side of the room. And do I really need that cabinet in this room, couldn't I move it someplace else? So several hours later I had a clean, restructured kitchen. I never knew I had so much room by the doorway (now that it isn't blocked with kitty stuff). And the extra cabinet is great on the back porch. The best thing, though, is my husband really thought I was just on a cleaning spree because I didn't want ants in the house.

I am hoping to spend a good part of this week finishing my final edits on my story and then seriously looking into Lulu or Blurb or CreateSpace and getting it published. We'll see what happens (my plans never seem to go as I think they should). Then I can get editing my next story.

Yes, I have about 4 stories that are in various stages of development. When I get stuck with one, I work on another, then I come back to it later with fresh eyes- or as my friend says, you come back to it and start it all over again completely. (Actually, I write new things and mix in previous things I've written.) It isn't always completely new (unless I am changing perspective).

Well, time to get to work on the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.