Monday, January 18, 2010

50th Anniversary Party

This post is a few days late, but better late than never.  Saturday I had the privilege of hosting a party for my parents 50th Anniversary.  In an age when many couples don't make it to ten years, fifty seems like a miracle.  Congratulations, Mom and Dad.  I am proud to be able to share this moment with you.

When they married in 1960, they didn't have a big wedding or a reception.  Knowing this I made sure they had a wedding type cake to cut.  We did photos of the cake cutting and everything.

When making the cake, I tried a recipe I hadn't made before.  When I removed the cakes from the pans, two of the four crumbled.  I tried to piece them together and stack them anyway, but it made a big mess.  So, I pulled out a box mix and decorated that instead.  The second time was a charm.

So, what do you do with cake that  didn't come out right?  We set it up with the other cake and served it.  It looked awful, but tasted better than the box mix.  We served it to anyone who wanted it, and it was the first to go.

In addition to the cake, I worked on a video of photos of them across the years, and played it on the TV for everyone to see.  I think I had as much fun making this as my parents had watching it.


Congratulations, Mom and Dad!!!! Here's to many more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.