Monday, September 10, 2012

Progress Update

The edits are coming along very nicely. I've gone through from top to bottom, and am now re-reading and making a few more tweaks.

Some things I've been working on are:

1) Dialogue tags- Removing ones that aren't needed, as the speaker is clear, and adding where the speaker isn't.

2) Passive voice vs. active voice. More on this one in a later post.

3) On my current read through, I noticed when I was introducing new people I stopped to describe them (almost head to toe!) I am working to give snippets of their appearance that fit with the action (or thoughts) taking place, so it isn't such an information dump.

4) And obviously, I've got my eye out for typos, grammar errors, and things that just don't make sense or flow correctly.

What are you working on and how's it going?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. Glad to hear you are making such amazing progress. Now if you could send some of the editing mojo my way, it would be greatly appreciated :) Can't seem to switch from writing to editing mode and I need to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.