Monday, July 21, 2014

Stop the Presses!!!

Photo by Knowtex
That's what I said to Tammy at BookFish Books last week. Well, not exactly, but close enough. See, Faery Marked was supposed to release this week. That's right. Was. And here's why it's not.

Going through the last few rounds of edits, I kept hating the story. At first I thought it was just because I'd been working with it so much that I'd lost perspective. I kept tweaking things, and rewording them, and still the story felt off. Then, while reading it on my Kindle Paperwhite (something I do after I've done edits to see how they flow) I realized the problem. I had plot holes that needed to be fixed.


So, I asked Tammy for an extension, and she graciously gave it to me.

Faery Marked will be releasing, but not this week. :-) I apologize for the delay, but I want to give you a book worthy of your precious reading time, and at the moment, this is not it. But it will be. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I'll post an update on the progress as soon as I have one.


cover by Anita at race-point.com

2 comments:

  1. Definitely better to bring things to a halt BEFORE release than deal with the consequences and disappointed readers. Wishing you all the best in your edits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.