Monday, July 6, 2009

Paint Therapy

Wow- I can't believe it! We've had three days in a row without rain and there is this bright yellow orb hovering above with a blue background behind it. I had almost forgotten what sun and blue sky looks like.

I have finally been able to catch up on painting the foundation of the house. For weeks I've had the paint, but when I had the time it was either raining or threatening to rain. I figure there's no sense in painting in the rain or if it is going to rain, so I've been waiting. Well, today it was wait no more. But, I ran out of paint before I finished the wall. Oh well, I'll get more paint and hope for another nice day soon.

I love painting. It gives me time to let my mind wander and work out problems (real or imaginary). I can hold conversations with myself or work out my character issues while my hand automatically dips the brush into the paint can, swipes off the excess paint, then applies it to the wall. Of course, I do end up getting paint on me (that's the way people know you painted, right?) It's free therapy.

Today I was able to think about my princess story some- I think I know how I want to start that now. In fact, I plan on working on that when I'm done here. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll need more paint therapy tomorrow after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.