Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rainy Day

Today is a very rainy day. It always brings to mind the Carpenter's song "Rainy Days and Mondays" (although today is a Wednesday).

In my mind today feels like a Monday. I just returned from a training trip (it went very well) and I am quite tired today. The grey skies and rain are adding to the tiredness making me feel that this is a good day to curl up with a book or a good movie. My son, seeing how tired I was, even let me lay down in bed and watch TV for awhile while he played on the PS3. What a kid!!!!!

I had a chance to read through the story I am working on while I was away. When I took it on vacation to read I hated it and wanted to start it all over again. So, I wrote 12 new pages for the story to create a new opening and change my characters a little. Not sure I wanted to go down this new road, I decided to re-read what I already had written. This time I found it not to be as horrible as I had originally thought (although the number of typos I found- after 2 other people had read it for me- was quite amusing.)

I marked up some changes I wanted to make- especially correcting the typos- and made it to the end of the first part of the quest. Hopefully I will get through the rest of it later today, then I can correct it on the computer and look into Lulu again.

I have a second story ready to flush out (and I've already been told that I need a sequel for it). So, keep checking back to see how the writing/publishing is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.