Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WCC Wednesday

Well, I am on my third day of NaNo, and so far, so good!

I finished my first draft of The Lost Princess last week and have gotten feedback from Katie and Fiona.  In my rush to finish TLP before NaNo I didn't edit the last eight chapters as I wrote them, and the difference was amazing.  Description flew out the window, leaving my partners asking me to clarify or put more emotion in.

So, when December hits, I will have some work to do!

Last week I put a shout out for some readers for a short story I was working on and got a response from Trisha Leaver.  Not only was she willing to look over my short story, she offered to look at the one I have been querying, Quest of the Hart.  I, of course offered to read anything of hers she wanted, and was treated to an awesome ghost story she has just sent off to her agent!

Well, I must confess I am making drastic changes to QotH (may even re-name it) after some of Trisha's comments.  This is a good thing!  i had been having this nagging feeling in the back of my mind for a short time (which I think is why I wasn't querying widely).  So, while I am working on my NaNo story, I plan on doing some tweaking to QotH.

Fiona's story has taken an interesting turn, as the past and present have collided (at least for her MC) and now Lana has to fix something, but she isn't sure what it is!

Katie is polishing some things up and promises she will send me more soon.

So, how is your writing going?  Are you NaNo-ing?  Is it going well?  Share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Your ms has great characters, amazing detail, and a depth of emotion that is often hard to portray. It is going to be great.

    I am plowing through Nanowrimo this month as well, It is harder then I thought it would be. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.