Friday, July 9, 2010

News and progress.

I was going to post the pictures from vacation, but Blogger, Picasa and I are having issues.  The pictures are under Dear Hubby's Picasa account, and I am having issues linking to them (even though I -obviously- have his permission.)

Hopefully I can get it figured out over the weekend and get them up for all of you to see.

On the progress front, I have a new chapter in my story (yea!!) and another one that will be added soon.  After discussion with Katie (and a good friend) concerning the ready acceptance of the men in my story dallying with others (with no real repercussions) and furthering the stereotype that it's OK for the guy, 'cause he's a guy, but not for the girl (Wow! and I didn't even realize I had done that until I was talking about it), I had to make some subplot changes.  I think what I did will be best for the story and actually helps with the main plot even more.  This is why I love the people who critique my work for me.  They always catch the things I haven't seen or thought out completely.

Katie's story is moving right along.  I love where she is going with it.  Amberlyn, while still very secretive to those around her, has made the reader well aware of why she feels as she does about Vampires.  Kaleb, up to his eyebrow in trouble, has more secrets than Amberlyn, and she has just stumbled into one.  Katie did a great job giving the reader enough information to know there is more to him than meets the eye, but there is still a lot she hasn't revealed.  I can't wait for her next installment to see what Amberlyn thinks about (and does with) what she's learned.

As for the news......
Brett, our son, is doing children's theatre this summer.  They are putting on  the musical Alice in Wonderland, and last night he learned he will be playing the part of the Gryphon.  He is very excited about learning his lines and songs (and dances!)  This is his first time on stage, and he is having a great time.  We are so proud of him and can't wait for the performance.


What I read this week:

Hunted by Katie S. Taylor
Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich
Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich
Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs


What I'm writing this week:

Finishing edits on chapter 5 and starting chapter 6.  Then, I will be making some changes to what will now be chapter 7, then I will go through the remaining chapters to see what Katie has said about them and make changes as needed.  My goal is to have the book done by the end of July.

2 comments:

  1. How was Silver Borne?

    Tell Brett to, "break a leg" from all of your fellow bloggers! Hope it continues to be a great experience for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EJ:

    I have enjoyed all the books in the Mercy Thompson series, and Silver Borne was no exception.

    Mercy has an item the fae want and will do anything to get. As usual, she gets into trouble and has to figure out how to get out of it without harming Adam or Samuel (or the other weres), which only causes more problems for her with Adam and Sam.

    I would recommend this series to anyone who likes fantasy with fae, weres, vampires and shape-shifters. It is a great urban fantasy series.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.