Friday, August 13, 2010

Camping and Show Week

Last weekend I split my time between camping with friends and ferrying Dear Son to practice and fittings for his show.  While it made for a busy weekend, it was great seeing everyone who we haven't seen in so long.

I know several of you asked for me to post some recipes here and do a recipe type exchange of things we cook for camping.  I will try and make a post for that next week.

This week went from busy to insane, but somehow we made it through!  Brett's show is this weekend, then, other than work next week, things should slow down just in time for school to start :)

Brett has the part of the Gryphon in the musical Alice in Wonderland.  It is his first show, and he is very excited about it.  I will post up pictures for you all of him in his costume.

What I'm Working On:
This week I've been working on a new story.  It is the tale of Trevor and Sabrina (two characters from Quest of the Hart.  I wrote the prologue and have a draft for the beginnings of the first chapter.  Katie will be getting the prologue this weekend.  I am using the working title of The Lost Princess for now.  I am excited to work on this story with someone editing as I write-- it will be a new experience for me, and I am hoping it will improve my writing.

I am also fine tuning my query letter so it is ready to go after I get my feedback from Katie.

What I'm Reading:
Hunted by Katie Taylor- I am finishing up my read through on it from start to finish

On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs and others- I read Patricia's story so far- the introduction to her Alpha and Omega series.  It was great.  I have now read three of the books (in complete reverse order- which, turned out OK- I kept wanting to find out what had happened before and an interested in seeing where they go next.)

Upcoming Posts:
What I listen to while writing
Where I write
(Camping) Recipe exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.