1) Patience. Good things take time.
2) Rejection can be a good thing. You never know what you are going to learn from it.
3) A synopsis is best written before you start your novel, to highlight the major events, or after a few months away when what you call to mind are the major events (at least for me!)
4) Critique Partners are worth their weight in gold.
5) Support from friends in the writing community is amazing.
So, thank you to all my CP's and those of you out there in the writing community cheering me on as I practice patience and work on more stories.