Thursday, May 17, 2012

Goals

Thank you all for your suggestions Monday. They were quite helpful in helping me determine how to set some goals for myself.

In order to be kept honest, I am sharing my goals here, and will report back in periodically on how I am doing with meeting them.

On the exercise front, a co-worker and I made goals with each other (mine is to walk on the treadmill 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes). We will begin next week. For each week we do not meet our goal, we will put $1 in a jar for a charity yet to be determined. We are still working out our reward for meeting the goal.

On the writing front, I am setting this goal: I will write daily for at least 30 minutes. I will not surf the web (unless fact checking or researching something) during this time, nor will I have my chat box open. After my 30 minutes have been achieved, I will allow myself to play on-line (if I am not swept away in my writing!)

In the last few days I realized I was avoiding writing as I had a problem in the story I was working on, and my subconscious wouldn't let me go forward until I faced it and fixed it. With the help from some CP's (and some good question and answers) I realized where my problem was and am moving forward again. So if you are like me, and have been procrastinating on the writing, are you truly procrastinating or are you working out something in your mind?

Have you set any goals for yourself that you need help in keeping? Share below, I'd love to hear about them.

Hope you all have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.