Monday, September 14, 2015

#inkripples- Fall



It's the second Monday of the month, and that means it's time for #inkripples! This month's theme is Fall/School. Be sure to stop by Kai Strand and Katie Carroll's for their take on the theme.

I love fall. The cool, crisp air filled with the scent of leaves and hint of smoke. I love driving to work in the morning and seeing the surrounding hills looking like someone dumped boxes of Fruity Pebbles all over them.

Baseball season comes to an end, and the football and hockey seasons start.

Best of all...it's sweater weather!

And, it has two of my favorite holidays: Halloween and Thanksgiving.

What are your favorite things about fall? Share in the comments below, or if you've joined the meme, share a link to your blog so I can stop by and visit!


***

Ripples in the Inkwell is a themed meme hosted by Mary Waibel, Katie L. Carroll, and Kai Strand. We post on the second Monday of every month. If you would like to participate compose your own post regarding the theme of the month, include any of the images displayed on this page, and link back to our three blogs. Feel free to post whenever you want during the month, but be sure to include #inkripples when you promote so readers can find you. The idea is that we toss a word or idea into the inkwell and each post is a new ripple. There is no wrong interpretation.


May: Change
June: Summer/Vacation
July: Patriotism
August: Dog days/Things that drag you down
September: Fall/School
October: Fears/Things That Go Bump in the Night
November: Remembrance /Thankfulness
December: Celebration /Gifts

6 comments:

  1. Halloween is definitely one of my favorite things about fall. I used to have a big, crazy party every year. And now that I have kids (no crazy parties anymore), I love helping them pick out costumes. Also, the decorations. I don't know what it is about fall and Halloween decorations, but I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the decorations, and the costumes, and carving pumpkins.

      We're talking about doing a party this year as the boy no longer trick-or-treats, as long as hockey allows :-)

      Delete
  2. Fruity Pebbles - great analogy. I love the scent of fall too. And the cooler weather. And Thanksgiving (best food for a holiday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband always says the Fruity Pebbles thing. And yes, Thanksgiving has the best food (even if I'm not a huge turkey lover!)

      Delete
  3. I love the cooler weather of fall and the holidays. The excitement of school beginning. The music of the bands at football games. The quiet and rest that seems to come over the earth as birds fly south, the Monarchs fly south, the grass takes a nap so you don't have to mow it.
    My Ripples post is at http://beverlystowemcclure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much poetry in your words, Bev. Love it!!!

      Heading over to your ripple now :-)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.