Monday, March 21, 2011

My Fickle Muse and Exciting News

I have been working on revisions to my current WIP, The Ruby Dagger, all week (and weekend!).  Last week I was pleased with the chapters I had, even though I asked my beta readers to see what they thought about the reason my MC was leaving where she was (in my mind it didn't work and was forced).  Well, between Saturday night and Sunday morning, my muse pounced on me and told me exactly what she thought was wrong with it and how to fix it.  (Oh how I wish she could have said something earlier, like maybe when I was in front of the keyboard working on it??)

So, happy to have corrected the problem, I changed it and resent it to my readers (with a huge apology to them for the double sending!)

I knew eventually the answer would come (and this one helps fix more things that were wrong further into the book-- hopefully in a good way-- still learning to trust the inner voice :-) ) 

How do you deal with things you know are wrong plot wise?  Do you let it sit and boil?  Do you ignore it hoping it will fix itself? Do you get out the pen and paper and outline?

In other exciting news, my fellow critquers and authors Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie have put up a blog for their YA dystopian FATUM.  Go here to check it out and show them some love!

Have a great and productive Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I love your fickle muse. He keeps me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of thinking and rethinking before rewriting usually sorts out knotty plot problems for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Lindsay and Trisha.

    And Trisha, he keeps me on mine too!

    JL- I like to work it out in my mind as I am laying in bed drifting off to sleep (or when folding laundry-- that seems to be another good think time).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.