Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Law of 3, and the Dreaded Synopsis (not related)

OK- you've had to heard the expression bad things happen in 3's.  Well, here are my 3 (I hope they are done!)

Saturday our water heater went unexpectedly.  Not a big deal (although kinda pricey!- and the rub was we missed the warranty by about 2 weeks.)  Fixed.

Yesterday when I was returning to work, my vehicle started driving funny.  IM'd hubby about it, and we figured it was something with the 4 wheel drive.  Then he came home and found a long bolt laying in the road near our driveway.  It was supposed to be in the rear end housing holding it in place.  When he tried to put it back, he discovered the piece that should hold it in had broken into multiple pieces.  A call to the dealer told us they could get the part-- in two days.  Oh well, at least it is fixable and didn't happen while towing the camper!

Finally, we've been seeing little ants in our bathroom all weekend and trying to find where they are coming from.  I keep looking in the window, but see no trace, until this morning.  I killed about 5 before I got in the shower, and when I got out, there were more.  I pulled back the curtain to find about 40-50 congregated in the upper corner.  Great!  Went looking for the ant spray.  None.  Called hubby--and we realized we were out.  Not wanting to leave the there to go who know where, I kept searching and finally found the bug spray for my roses (been looking for that all winter!).  It didn't mention ants as something it killed, but at least I could say I tried.

Unrelated to all this, I've noticed several blogs posting about writing the synopsis.  As this is something I am currently working on, I thought I'd share some of the links with you.

Chuck Sambuchino shows how to do a synopsis with the movie The Fly at
http://www.guidetoliteraryagents.com/blog/Synopsis+Example+The+Fly+Horror+SciFi.aspx

Graeme shared this link on the Writer's Digest Synosper Sentral forum.  I found it interesting and helpful.


http://www.writing-world.com/publish/synopsis.shtml

Have you found any helpful synopsis sites to share?  Post them below!

2 comments:

  1. Oh god I hate the little spring ants. They come filing into our house too - and we live on the third floor! Get those little ant bait traps - they do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh ants -- those tiny little buggers pop up everywhere! And since ants do love to munch on roses, I think the spray will do the trick until you get some RAID.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.