Monday, January 30, 2012

Books as Movies

Yesterday my friend and I went to the movies (had to check out the new theater with the reclining leather seats!), where we saw One for the Money (based on the book by Janet Evanovich).

The book was a great, action packed, fun read, and I loved it, but was heading into the movie concerned they wouldn't do the book justice.   I have to say I was pleased with what they did (my friend who hadn't read the book loved it, and I sent the book home with her to read).  While I still think the book was better (they almost always are!), they did a good job with it, and the casting was excellent.

In addition, I was able to see the trailer for Hunger Games (just read the books over Christmas), and was impressed with what I saw (not sure if I'll go to the theater for it, though-- I really do prefer to watch in the comfort of home, although the reclining seats were nice. It felt odd to be in them in the theater, though).

 Have you seen any good movies based on books you loved?  Any special movies you are looking forward to seeing?  Share below!

8 comments:

  1. I'm always nervous of seeing my favorite books turned into movies. Just look at Twilight. That movie was laughable and Robert P didn't fit the image most of us had of Edward. City of Bones will be made into a movie, and they had better get things right when it comes to Jace. Get the wrong actor and fans will be annoyed. I am, though, looking forward to The Hunger Games. My 12 yo and I already counting down the days. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to The Avengers like you wouldn't believe. Then of course Men In Black III and The Dark Knight Rises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary topic, because sometimes the movie just makes you want to sit down and cry (remember the Scarlet Letter with Demi Moore LOL?) So, I'm really looking forward to the Hunger Games. That one looks, so far, like they might have done it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am DYING for Hunger Games to come out. Across the Universe would be awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOTR will probably always be the best adaptation, but I really liked the recent one of Hugo (The Invention of Hugo Cabret).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to the Hobbit and I will see the Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wrote a screenplay for my book, and the producer who optioned the book for film is now showing the screenplay around Hollywood, trying to generate some interest. So I guess the answer to your question is: "MINE! Oh, mine! Please, m-i-i-i-ne!"

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to the Hunger Games.
    I loved the Princess Bride.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.