Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Poll for the New Year

Happy New Year!!  I hope you all had a great time sending out 2011 and welcoming 2012.

In our house, we had friends over and played games from one year into the next.  Munchkin Bites, Apples to Apples, Loot, and Munchkin Quest as well as a variety of finger-food snacks filled our night, ending with a toast of Spumante.  A good time was had by all!

Lately I've been pondering something, and was curious how my thoughts stack up to the rest of the world's.  Or in this case, all my lovely followers!  So, without further ado, here is my Poll for you.

WHAT MAKES YOU CHOOSE A BOOK TO READ?
(Yeah, I know it is supposed to read "Blurb" for the second option, but I didn't catch the typo until my husband pointed it out after I posted it and I don't know how to fix it in the HTML code.  Guess I need to proofread better next time!)

7 comments:

  1. Yep.... book reviews almost never sway my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun poll, Mary! I voted for all choices accept "Book Review." Reviews are fun to read, but I often don't read reviews for a certain book until AFTER I've read it. I don't like to know other people's thoughts before I form my own. The only exception I've made was for The Final Testament of the Holy Bible, by James Frey. The book is on my to-read list for 2012, even though it is hugely controversial. I read Goodreads reviews just to understand the controversy, because I'm so intrigued by the book.

    Sounds like you had a great time ringing in the new year. Happy 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose book reviews because I remember clearly deciding to read The Marbury Lens, a book I'd never heard of, after reading a review on Carolina Valdez Miller's blog - and I was so glad I did! The only one I didn't check was book cover - that might make me pick up a book and read the blurb, but then the blurb has to really sell me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I choose them all because I do use them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was interesting! I did book reviews too but looks like I'm in the minority.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun poll! And the results are very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm such a Libra - I voted for all of them because I have a hard time deciding about anything, so I read the blurb, the review, look at the cover and back and listen to friends' suggestions. Gah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.