Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Monday, and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

This past weekend was filled with writing, reading, and getting the last few things we need to finish up our son's room.  (We are remodeling the upstairs of our cape to give him a bigger room.)  The half bath should get the walls up and toilet and sink back in this week.  That leaves the carpet (which will happen next week), then we can move him in.

What makes this so exciting?  Well, his current bedroom will become my office.  Since October, all my writing things have been scattered throughout the house as we remodel and move things from one room to another.  This means by the end of the month, I should have an office to relax and write in (or by early March if I am being more realistic--- I do have to paint the room!)

Speaking of painting, I am taking the room from a bright green (it worked for my son) to a color called "Glass Slipper" (a very pale blue).  The humor of the name is not lost on me.  (For those of you who don't know, I write fairytales!)

Well, hope you and yours have a love filled Valentine's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for a new office!!! That is exciting! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so freaking jealous right now. So not fair. I'd love to have an office. I'm at the kitchen table at the moment. Begs for intrusion. Happy painting. I'm doing that too this week. Oh, and the answer to my riddle is actually in your post. Just a little hint. Wink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.