Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WCC Wednesday

Wow!  It's the 16th of February.  Where is the year going???  I got some very good feedback for my WIP, The Ruby Dagger this week.  I am working at applying the comments, while moving forward in the story.  Over the weekend I outlined the rest of the chapters for the story (now, if they stay that way is yet to be seen).  I need to have a basic road map of where I am going, but I still let my characters run down those side roads to see what's hiding in the shadows.

Take yesterday, I was writing a scene where they are looking for the male MC, and, with some really cool magic, they found him.  As I was writing their entrance into where he was being held, I looked down and saw my notes for the next chapter and had an "Oh, crap!" moment.  I had totally forgotten I didn't want him to be there.  But, with some quick thinking, I was able to make that happen.  The magic was totally not expected, nor was the speed with which they would succeed.  But, in the end, I was able to take that side road back to my main road-- a little detour, but one I think will work well.

Trisha and Lindsay have finished their WIP (I still have 3 more chapters to go with it!) and let me just say, Wow!  I really loved what they did.  What a great tale-- it kept me guessing in parts, and never failed to keep me turning the pages (or hitting the page down button, as is more accurate!)

Fiona is really finding her footing in the center of her WIP.  I am anxious to see what the changes are that she has made to parts I've already read.

Jackie is still working through her outline.  She is a bit more of a planner than I am-- but hey, differences are what make it all so interesting!

Katie is being incredibly patient.  She's working on another WIP while I go through the remainder of her story. I've managed to get another chapter off to her, and hope to get a couple more out this week!

How about you?  How have your WIP's gone this week?  Are you planning or panstering?  If you plan, do you give your characters a chance to stop and smell the roses along the way, or march them down a specific path?

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.