Friday, December 3, 2010

Eclair cake

Oops!  I realized after I was at work that all I did today was put up a recipe with no comments.  Sorry!  So, here are my comments.

I have not made this cakes, but my mother has and it is delicious.  If you like eclairs, if you like chocolate, give it a try.  It's great!


Eclair Cake
2 packages French vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
8 oz cool whip
Graham Crackers

Chocolate Mixture:
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix pudding and milk.  Fold in cool whip.  Beat for 2 minutes.

Butter a 9 x 13 dish.  Place a layer of graham crackers in the dish.  Pour in 1/2 of the pudding mixture.  Put in a second layer of graham crackers.  Pour on remaining pudding mixture.  And a third layer of graham crackers.

Chocolate Mixture:  Combine milk, cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.  Allow to boil for one minute.  Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.  Cool.  Pour/spread cooled mixture over top layer of graham crackers.  Refrigerate.    Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.