Friday, December 17, 2010

Recipe Friday!

Yesterday came and went before I knew it!  Between a sick child, work, and life, I never had a chance to get on here and put up a post. 

Today I am re-posting a recipe from last year.  I like to make these cookies every year, as they are nice and colorful on the cookie tray.  Last year I used the green mint jelly as I usually do (when I can tear it away from my son's hands!) but I used red currant jelly for my other (instead of raspberry).  I must say, I like the currant better than the raspberry!  So, here it is!

Thumbprint Cookies
This recipe is from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book.

1/2 cup shortening (part butter or margarine)    
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)                        
1 egg, separated                                      
1/2 tsp. vanilla                                   
1 cup Flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
jelly or tinted confectioner's sugar icing

Heat oven to 350.  Mix shortening, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla thoroughly.  Combine flour and salt, stir in,  Roll dough into balls (1 tsp. per ball).  Beat egg white slightly with fork.  Dip balls in egg white.  Roll in nuts.  Place about 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet, press thumb gently in center of each.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.  Cool.  Fill with jelly or tinted icing. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.